Friday, May 21, 2010

That Pre-Bristol feeling!

It’s Bristol weekend. Traditionally seen as the biggest gig in the country- Bristol is based in two venues this year. FQP can be found in the Mercure for both Saturday and Sunday. I’ll most likely be on the table- so if you want a sketch from me, free if you are buying comics, drop by. I’ll also be looking at art samples all weekend.

Working list:
Drawing:
The Crusader: Spoonful of Honeywith Chris & Steve Denton.
All scanned and approved! The pages are now away to my trusty colourist and I’m going to sort the lettering.


Sneaking in next will be my entry for the new comp on the 2000 AD site. Then it is on to...

An actual, honest to god commission. I’m drawing the family unit of a member of the Hive-Mind. Sketches started and I'm looking forward to this.

ABC Warriors: Mongrol- Blogging with David Withers & Mike Carroll
Sketches started, as I've never drawn Mongrol before.

Completed this Week!
Publishing:

FutureQuake 16
MASON HE WROTE

Something Wicked 06
Dogbreath 23
Zarjaz 10

Lettering:

This week I've finished lettering a little strip for Matthew McLaughlin & Tony Rothwell Called Rek Fen-Birn. Only four pages.

Average Joe for InsomniaPublishing.
Ongoing. This week lettered: nowt.
Unfortunately I can't really show anything from this yet- I don't have permission.

Angels of the Somme for Timebomb comics
Writer Alec Robertson, Art Bruce McLaren
Ongoing.

Red Sands
for Starscape
Writer: Matthew McLaughlin, Art Bruce McLaren
Ongoing: 1st chapter now available from Red Sands and it is all wrapped up in a lovely Alex Ronald cover, too!


As part of the continuing assault on Millarworld by short strips- I’ve relettered the Joy of Text strip from FQ10 by Paul Glasswell and Simon Penter. Simon has done a lovely colour scheme for the page so good luck to the both of them.

The Paginator is a single page strip for the Emperor and Chris Askham that is for the 2000 AD art comp this month.

2 comments:

Emperor said...

I don't think anyone could accuse you of slacking off there!!

Anyway the direct link to the 2000AD entry is here - reception seems to have been good so far too.

I am not Kek-w said...

I really fancied coming up to Bristol this year and catching up with afew people, but wife was working....